On This Page
This page contains a information on private initiatives, awards, collaborations, and articles on private innovation in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Innovation Center(www.minnesotainnovationcenter.com/relationships.asp) Minnesota Innovation Center seeks to build and nurture relationships with Minnesota-based academic institutions, Fortune 500 companies, government offices and agencies, as well as small, emerging entrepreneurial companies.
- Minnesota's Private Colleges (www.mnprivatecolleges.org/members/mayo-innovation-scholars) Formerly the Mayo Scholars Program, MISP was designed in 2006 by retired Medtronic executive, John Meslow. Together with the Mayo Clinic Office of Intellectual Property and the Minnesota Private College Council, Meslow created a unique program to place students from a variety of disciplines at the interface of innovations in science and medicine and the fields of intellectual property, marketing and business development.
- U nabs $51M for health research(www.startribune.com/local/123824469.html) The National Institutes of Health grant is the largest the university has received. Star Tribune 6/15/11.
- A fresh approach to fueling start-ups(www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/119667734.html) Two mayors outline a regional plan to foster business innovation. Star Tribune 4/12/2011
- Economist Louis Johnston on innovation opportunity in Minn.(minnesota.publicradio.org/display01/26/louis-johnston-economy-innovation-minnesota/) MPR news 1/26/2011
- Eight ways to unshackle American businesses and jobs(www.startribune.com/opinion/otherviews/129417163.html) Star Tribune 9/07/2011
- Even angels fear to tread(www.startribune.com/business/119501794.html) Star Tribune article on entrepreneurs and individual investors. Star Tribune 4/13/2011.
- Five myths about entrepreneurs(www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-entrepreneurs/2011/06/29/gIQALtCBhI_story.html) The Washington Post 7/29/2011
Citizen Participation Top
- The Collaborative(www.collaborative.net/) The Collaborative is the largest membership organization in Minnesota serving growing and emerging companies, entrepreneurs, investors and executives. It is a proven resource for growing companies, providing real-life, quality content and networking while also fueling and convening Minnesota's innovation economy.
- Great Minnesota Innovations(www.minnesota-china.com/Education/emSciTech/MN_innovations.htm) A Timeline of Minnesota’s Inventive History.
- Energy Innovation Corridor(www.energyinnovationcorridor.com/page/showcase/drive-electric-mn) Drive Electric Minnesota is a partnership of local and state government, our largest utility, private business and nonprofit entities working in collaboration to bring electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in charging infrastructure to Minnesota.
- General Mills Worldwide Innovation Network(www.openinnovation.generalmills.com) General Mills invites outsiders to help it think outside the box by Tom Webb. Innovation website asks inventors to help solve food challenges
- Generate, Innovation Minnesota(www.generatecompanies.com) A group of twenty executives who oversee innovation for the region's leading organizations.
- Itasca Project(www.theitascaproject.com/) An employer-led alliance drawn together by an interest in new and better ways to address regional issues that impact our economic competitiveness and quality of life.
- Medtronic(www.medtronic.com/innovation/chart/index.html) Helps physicians diagnose diseases earlier, treat patients with the least amount of disruption possible, and help alleviate symptoms throughout the patient's life.
- Minnesota Angel Network(mnan.org/) An educational program for entrepreneurial companies seeking to raise investment capital and an online connection for accredited investors interested in investing MNAN-certified companies.
- Minnesota Business Partnership(http://www.mnbp.com/) Their mission is to maintain a high quality of life for all Minnesotans by ensuring that the state’s economy remains strong, globally competitive and its prospects for growth bright.